We believe in building a society based on human dignity, compassion for all life and ethical values. We believe human beings have a right to determine their own lives and to find meaning based on human relationships and reason.
- To promote an ethical life based on reason and human values.
- To support human rights in the belief that all people are worthy of respect as long as they are not infringing on the rights or well-being of others.
- To promote science and critical thinking as the primary ways to understand the world.
- To transcend divisive loyalties based on race, religion, gender, politics, nationality, class and ethnicity.
- To support an open, pluralistic and diverse society.
- To support our secular state that guarantees freedom of religion for all.
- To provide a support network for those who have no religious beliefs or wish to question their own received assumptions
- To work with all individuals and organisations with whom we share common concerns.
- To promote the separation of religion and state